Monday, June 30, 2008

Near the Finish Line....

Wow!!! Five months have and gone.

Upcoming will be the last week for me at Al Vedel. That went by fast.

I can honestly say that I learned tons, and on many levels. But at the same time, I can also see that this same amount is a mere dr0p in a huge bucket that comprises the grand cooking traditions of Italy.

The restaurant closes 6 July. I'm sure we'll have some semi-big celebration, and then everyone will go on vacation for about a month. Why don't we in USA-land do vacations like this? My vacation will be as a tourist - I will visit Lake Garda, Liguria, several towns in Tuscany, and finally Rome. Come early August, I will be a Californian again.

Whew!!!

And I will be able to play Fetch once again with my dog on the beach...

No comments: