Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pasta Fresca - Fresh Pasta

I had to return to Jesi in early May for a few days to finish some school admin business. I also visited one of the many very nice people I have come to know there.

In Jesi, there is an open air market every morning, with numerous stalls selling, well, everything - to cook, eat. The fruits and veggies are fresh, so are the meats, and the seafood is, in some cases, still flipping. If you need a break while shopping, you can get coffee and pastries. And don't be surprised if you run into someone you know.

This is Paola Ruzzo. Her shop sells salumi, cheese, and she also sells her own fresh pasta. I've come to know her because whenever I would visit between days at school, we would chat about food, and she would give me samples of things to taste. One day, I bought a chunk of bread and some lettuce from another stand, some salumi and cheese from Paola, and she put the sandwich together for me.

The little room behind her is where she makes pasta.


Here are videos on making pasta by hand:



Here is a sheet of pasta ready to be cut:


And here is the sheet of pasta being cut into tagliatelli:



Once all is said and done, you have wonderful fresh pasta which, together with your equally wonderful ragu, makes for one of life's greatest pleasures.







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wrote something for you...in my blog.
see you

Unknown said...

ops, i verbi.....
insomma, ho scritto qualcosa per te sul mio blog.
ciao